Only one word can describe the entire weekend – BLISS. Two words – PURE BLISS.
Jon & I really wanted to showcase the NYC that we know to all our family & friends…so here is a quick breakdown of each day & our top picks of NYC!
- Tuesday my mom & sister arrived – dinner at our fave spot Penelope…
- Wednesday Jon had to work (bummer) and his folks were arriving later in the day so I planned a spa day for us girls – Great Jones Spa. If you have never been make sure to put this on your NYC ‘to do’ list. Major relaxation was needed & that was exactly what we got! After a calming afternoon we headed to Dizzy’s Jazz Club and met up with Jon & his folks for a rockin’ show – Jon & I even got a shout out by the performers! For a night cap we walked to the Hudson Hotel Terrace for a dazzling view of the NYC skyline.
- Thursday was the real beginning (no turning back then!) ALL our immediate fam was finally in town! West village family dinner was a must so we picked the best place – Des Santos. Wonderful food, flowing drinks & the best company…a real quality night.
- Friday was REHEARSAL DINNER DAY, yippie!!! Hotel gift bags were being handed out, friends were trickling in & flowers being delivered (bulk flowers for rehearsal dinner from 50flowers – AMAZE) Anywho – passed off all our handmade decor to our day of Loli Events and took our time getting to the rehearsal dinner at The Boat Basin NYC. This place is a sight to see and always has Jon & I coming back every summer weekend- right on the Hudson River, BBQ & a chill vibe.
- Saturday… WEDDING DAY…Let the games begin!! Jon & I wanted to start our morning off right so we got some fam & friends together for morning hot yoga at the best studio in the city – Moksha Yoga NYC. After decompressing Jon sped off to our apt for ‘boys’ lunch & hangout time..I checked in to the Gansevoort Park Ave and guests kept piling in- moms, friends, sisters, babies & hair/makeup arrived within minutes and the day began…
- Sunday we definitally required a hangover brunch – and boy did Jon & I plan one..at our APT! Every guest was encouraged to stop on by for bagels (provided by Vic’s Bagel Bar), mimosa’s and tylenol! The party slowly ended but not for us – as a thank you to our folks for the wonderful weekend we planned a broadway show.. Rock of Ages! The night quickly turned into hot flashes for both Jon & I that we actually had to leave the show for a bit – to much day drinkin, yikes!
Hope you enjoyed the breakdown of our wedding…next post will be the specific events with pics!