Yum in the tum for real. This is one heck of a tasty recipe that I made for the holidays – brought to our families Thanksgiving dinner & my hubs office for treats before Christmas break. Let me tell you…I was a hit, on both occasions! Next holiday season I will take a better picture – this one doesn’t even do it justice!
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- Toast 1/2C walnuts for 10minutes or until golden – set aside
- In large bowl mix: 1 & 2/3C all purpose flour, 1 & 1/4t baking soda, 2t pumpkin pie spice, 1t salt, 1t baking powder & 1/8t ground cloves
- In a medium bowl add: 1 can pumpkin (NOT canned pumpkin pie), 3T maple syrup, 3/4C sugar, 1/3C softened coconut oil, 1/4C molasses & a chia egg (1T chia seeds/3T water)
- Add wet mixture into dry bowl & blend all together – fold in walnuts
- Line pan with baking cups & place in oven for 50-60minutes or until toothpick comes out clean – set cupcakes on wire rack to cool
While cupcakes are baking away make the ever so tasty buttercream! Watch out, if you taste test you won’t stop tasting!
- In food processor blend 1/2C softened Earth Balance original, 1 & 3/4C confectioners sugar, 1t vanilla extract, 1T pumpkin pie spice & 1T almond milk
- Scrape sides when needed – add more almond milk if necessary
- Set aside & wait for the cupcakes to cool before icing
This is def a higher calories dessert…cause you all know I am going in for seconds with this one. However, it is the holidays & this is such a scrumptious treat – INDULGE!
Find original recipe here.Nutritional Info Per Cupcake w Icing (16 Cupcakes): 290 calories – 13 grams of fat – 40 carbs – 3 grams of protein