Can I say YUM! This was the perfect stew for a frigid NYC night. However, going to the grocery store on a Sunday in NYC was not my idea of a peaceful evening – I really have to take advantage of not working right now…grocery shopping 2pm on weekdays only!
I altered the recipe and added actual fennel & shrimp. Regardless the recipe is very straightforward and only took 20min to make. ENJOY!
- Grab a cast iron pot or soup pot – add a 1T EVOO and turn heat to medium
- Dice up 1 yellow onion & a fennel head – toss in pot
- Add 1t ground fennel, 1/2t ground coriander, 2t minced garlic & a few thyme sprigs
- Saute & stir for about 5minutes
- Grate 1/2t orange rind over the pot, 1/4t crushed saffron, 1.5C water, 1.5C clam juice, 14oz undrained diced tomatoes & a 14oz can of great northern beans
- Once boiling add 1lb of cut up flounder & 16 deveined/detailed shrimp
- Cook for 5minutes or until fish is white
Top with fresh thyme leaves & serve with whole wheat sourdough bread – double YUM (YUM)!
Click here for original recipe.Nutritional Info Per Serving (serves 4): 340 calories – 7 grams of fat – 24 carbs – 47 grams protein