We live right around some of the best Indian food in NYC, ‘Curry Hill’! Literally when you walk in the neighborhood you get whiffs of curry or fresh naan baking – the best! While walking home this evening the smell was ever so fresh and it caught me – thank goodness I always have an extra can of coconut milk & diced tomatoes in the pantry…for moments just like this!!
- Pour one can unsweetened light coconut milk & one can unsalted diced tomatoes into a deep saute skillet
- Turn on high heat – dice up & add 1 yellow onion – then a handful of cherry tomatoes
- Add 1T cinnamon, 2T turmeric & 2T curry powder
- Then add 1t minced ginger & 2t minced garlic
- Stir & let boil for 10 or so minutes
- Once boiling reduce heat to medium & lay the wild cod face down(skin side facing you) in mixture – put lid on
- Let boil till fish turns white
…take out white fish & ladle sauce on top!
*Serve with seared shishito peppers (logged under recipe tab) and a whole grain. Enjoy!!Nutritional Info Per serving for Sauce (serves 4): 145 calories – 8 grams fat – 16 carbs – 3.5 gram protein ~I excluded the fish from the nutritional info because you can add in as much/little of any white fish, shrimp or scallop…typically half a pound per person.