In a hurry, don’t have a bread machine & want to make a fresh batch of dough? I got the answer!
- Get a medium size bowl – mix 3/4C + 1T lukewarm water & 1t sugar
- Stir in active dry yeast & let stand till all yeast has dissolved
- Add 1C whole wheat pastry flour, 1C all purpose flour & 1/2t salt
- Stir until dough comes together – then knead for about 10minutes
- Let stand for an hour covered, refrigerate covered overnight or wrap in oiled plastic & freeze
I am a big stickler on not measuring in the kitchen. However when it comes to baking you have to stick with the rules or else you will not get a good result.
Find original recipe here.Nutritional Info Per Slice (6 slices): 140 calories – 0 fat – 28 grams of carb – 4 grams of protein