HOW CUTE ARE THESE DOGS! I was planning on making these babies from scratch yesterday but time got away and we had to be out the door by 6pm – oh well, they were still delicious and a huge hit at the Super Bowl party we went to!!
- Preheat oven to 425degrees & spray mini muffin tin with cooking oil or line with muffin cups
- Pour cornmeal mixture (Organics Muffin Mix Cornmeal), water, egg & oil in bowl – stir till smooth texture
- Fill each cup 3/4 full with cornmeal mixture
- Place one mini pork frank (Applegate – organic uncured smoky cocktail pork franks) in center of each filled cup
- Stick in oven for roughly 8 minutes – keep your eyes on these, mine cooked super fast!!
- Place on cooling rack
Serve with mustard & ketchup – I made maple syrup ketchup, which was tasty! Just added maple syrup, brown sugar & heated with ketchup..mmmmmmNutritional Info Per Serving (1 muffin): 90 calories – 3 grams of fat – 15 carbs – 2 grams of protein
A few other appetizers that were served at the party:
– Texas Caviar – nice twist to typical bean dips
– Bacon Wrapped Dates with brown sugar glaze – I ate these like candy!
– Mini Spicy Buffalo Chicken Balls – super tasty!
– Kansas City Dirt Cake – need I say more..
..and if you have time to make a cornbread recipe from scratch try this – dairy free corn bread !