It was a rainy day in the the Big Apple and did’t want to go out in the mess! So cooked up a mix of what was left in our fridge…yes that kind of night!
- Preheat oven to 400degrees
- In food processor blend – 20 baby potatoes, 1 purple onion, garlic, 2 egg whites – then by hand mix in a handful of frozen corn, EVOO & S/P to taste
- Take ceramic bakeware pan & spray with cooking oil – place mixture in & spray cooking oil on potato mix – place in oven
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper & lay salmon skin side down – place in oven after hash mix has been in for over 25minutes
- While hash & salmon are cooking boil water with 2T of white vinegar
- Crack egg in shallow cup/mug – once water is boiling turn to medium & slip egg slowly into water – push egg white with spoon…Let simmer & remove once poached with slotted spoon (~2minutes)
To serve steam up any green in your fridge – we had leftover rainbow chard from vday…Then scoop out a portion of the hash, poached egg on top & place the greens with salmon on the side. Honestly it tasted so good you could just mash this all together – so who cares how you plate it!
To my surprise this was a complete success – the hash turned out crisp & the poached egg was the perfect addition. Enjoy this mix or any combination your refrigerator has!Nutritional Info Per Serving for Hash (6 servings): 80 calories – <1 gram of fat – 15 carbs – 4 grams of protein