Brussel sprouts. People have such a love/hate relationship with this wonderful veggie. Welp, not in this household. I love them, grew up with them & can eat them raw. So guess what? I shred them & use it as a base for this meatless Monday salad, yum!
- Preheat oven to 350 – set a handful of pine nuts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Hard boil 4 eggs – peel & set aside
- In a food processor shred 2.5C of cleaned brussel sprouts (ends cut & outer leaves peeled)
- Peel/dice up orange & thinly slice half a red onion
- In a cup mix 1/2C EVOO, 2.5T white wine vinegar, 2T whole ground dijon mustard & fresh pepper – whisk
Combine the shredded sprouts, toasted pine nuts, diced orange, sliced red onion – then toss with dijon vinaigrette* & lay hard boil eggs on top.
Enjoy this meatless Monday!
*Dressing is way high in fat – next time would love to omit the EVOO all togetherNutritional Info for Salad (Serves 2): 330 calories – 17 grams of fat – 29 carbs – 23 grams of protein Nutritional Info for Dressing (Serves 2): 370 calories – 42 grams of fat – 2 carbs – 0 grams of protein