First off…yikes. Second…please don’t do Tracy Anderson videos the day before FlyBarre.
My arms were already sore from the video I posted the other day…but but don’t you worry I am always down for a new free workout, so I signed up for my free FlyBarre class the following day.
FlyBarre is associated with FlyWheel – FlyBarre is a total body sculpting class & Flywheel is a hardcore spinning class. I previously used & posted about my free session for FlyWheel – review here.
Anywho, here is my review of FlyBarre:
Pro: Tightened up by body & showed me new moves
Con: Cost & struggled through 45minutes of pain
- Easy Check in – Was already registered on their website from FlyWheel class, so just booked a time & came in – the computer system is right when you walk, you log in, check in & your done. You really don’t have to talk to anyone at all- so if you are having one of those days its super nice!
- Locker Rooms – Unisex locker rooms but they have changing rooms, private bathrooms & showers, so there is never any weirdness going on. They provide nice lotions & my kind of tampons (TMI, sorry but really a double plus for ladies). Also you do not need to bring your own locks – the lockers are super simple to use & re-set when you are done using.
- Free fruit, water & use of towels – My kind of place! I love leaving anywhere with a belly full, no laundry to do & hydrated…all for free! Don’t forget to take a free bottle of water for the road 🙂
- Set up of class was nice – When you booked the class you picked out your mat spot – mat was in place, band & ball were ready to go. All you have to do is grab weights – 1lb, 2lb or 3lb – my initial reaction was questionable – I want at least a 5lb weight! Glad I only grabbed the 1 & 2. Cause I ended up putting those babies down & used air weights (i.e. nothing).
- Actual Class – Worked me out for real! Started with arms, abs, legs then arms again & so forth! In this 45minute class it truly blended light weight training & core exercises – which elongate your muscles & make you lean. I love it & the concept! It tired every inch of my body & at certain times I had to put down the weights or do the assisted version of the move – but it was okay cause I still felt the muscles working!
Overall this class was killer – if I went every day my ass would be amazing -not that it isn’t, but ya know, better 😉 Just not sure if I am willing to pay out for this class when I have a gym membership already – However. If you do not have a gym membership this might be a quick & easy way to get your body tight & ready for summer!
Have you taken a FlyBarre or FlyWheel class? Did you get fly high after your class? (yes thats what they call it)
If you wanna check it out visit here.