Happy belated National Potato Chip Day! Of course I had to get involved with celebrating this day when I saw it on the news! My leftover drunken chicken was ready to be eaten – sandwich & chips it is!
- Preheat oven to 500degrees
- Clean 2 potatoes, thinly slice, place on paper towel & pat both sides dry
- Spray 2 cookies sheets with olive oil cooking spray – arrange slices in one layer
- Brush tops of slices with 1.5T Earth Balance original
- Place in oven for 15-20minutes or until edges get golden brown
- Take out of oven, set on paper towels to cool & sprinkle with salt (any spice could work!)
Drunken Chicken Sandwich:
- While chips are baking – place a yellow bell pepper in oven – let bake for 10minutes or until sides are charred
- In a side bowl mix 1/2C Nayonaise, 2t minced garlic & 2 diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – set aside
- Assemble sandwiches – slice up whole wheat bread (really any bread), slab top side of bread with the mayo mixture
- Then on the bottom slice place chopped leftover chicken then layer with vegan pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato & roasted peppers
- If you want to jazz this sandwich up – PRESS IT, we did!
Cold day, warm sandwich with crispy baked chips (dip them in the rest of the mayo mixture!). So tasty & a great way to get rid of leftovers, enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving for Chips (Serves 2): 210 calories – 7.5 grams of fat – 32 carbs – 4 grams of protein Nutritional Info Per Serving for Mayo (Serves 2): 50 calories – 0 fat – 11 carbs – 2 grams of protein Nutritional Info for each Sandwich (approximate): 340 calories – 10 grams of fat – 30 carbs – 33 grams of protein