Hot cake, hot cake – who wants a hot cake? I’ll take two please…make that three! Welcome to my world cinnamon roll pancakes, cause you are staying with me forever!
On meatless Monday I usually start my day off with a beet juice – consisting of apple, celery, lemon…ya know all those goodies you want after an indulging weekend! So when I woke up with carbs on my mind I knew I needed to nix the juice! Mission: fix my carb craving. Found just the recipe – cinnamon roll pancakes, hello tasty! These delicious cakes were eaten up fast & the glaze was licked clean off that plate (TMI?).
- In a large bowl mix: 1C whole wheat flour, 1T sugar, 2T baking powder, 1/8t salt, 1C almond milk, 2T melted coconut butter & 1.5T ground cinnamon – stir till smooth consistency
- Preheat griddle (or pan) & spray with cooking oil – spoon portion of batter on griddle, I used a large ice cream scoop to portion my pancakes & it worked wonders
- Brown on both sides – set finished cake to the side & continue process until all batter is used up
- In side bowl combine: 2T almond milk, 1/8t vanilla extract & 1/3C powdered sugar
- Whisk until all the chunks are gone
Grab as many pancakes as your lil’ heart desires (no judging here!) & top with sugary glaze!
Shout out to original recipe here.Nutritional Info Per Pancake (Makes 6 cakes): 130 calories – 5.5 grams of fat – 22 carbs – 3 grams of protein Nutritional Info for Glaze (Serves 2): 165 calories – <1 gram of fat – 40 carbs – <1 gram of protein