Yum in my tum. Another cold day in NYC (come on spring!) – this is a tasty & easy dish that can be whipped up quickly! I forgot how much I love halibut – the steaming broth & cold peas really brought this together. Delicious!
- Turn broiler on high – line cookie sheet with parchment paper & place 2 halibut filets (4-8oz each) on top.
- Drizzle filets with EVOO & fresh ground pepper/salt
- Place in oven for 8 – 10minutes
- Heat a pan on stovetop: add 1 diced shallot, 1T EVOO, juice from 2 small lemons (or 1 large) & 1.5C of low sodium chicken broth – bring to boil & let simmer
- In a food processor combine 2C of semi-defrosted peas (leave out for ~5min bf), 1/4C fresh mint leaves & 1t minced garlic
- Pulse, add 1T EVOO, pulse again and then add water or more EVOO (I opted for H20) to a consistency where it is still sticky – set aside
To serve grab 2 bowls: ladle broth into both bowls, then dollop a generous serving of the pea purée in the center and lastly place the halibut on top of purée. Try to serve piping hot!
Original recipe here !Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 2 with 6oz filets): 480 calories – 19 grams of fat – 22.5 carbs – 52 grams of protein