Who doesn’t love a crockpot! I remember watching my mom assemble our morning breakfasts & packed lunches while piecing together dinner for that night in the crockpot. Come the afternoon, I would be excited to walk into a house looming with mouth watering aromas & then a flavorful feast for dinner.
With that said, I knew I had to have a crockpot once I got my own place – a decade & a few crockpots later I still have the same love. Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall I put it to use.
- Begin to layer crockpot: 3C baby carrots then 3 peeled and sliced yukon potatoes (1/2″ thick), 1.8-2lbs skinless/boneless chicken breast & flavor with 1/4t salt
- In a side bowl mix: 2C low sodium chicken stock, 2t minced garlic & 1/3C dry white wine**- pour into crockpot
- Cover & let cook on low for 4-4.5hrs OR on high for 2.5-3hrs
Once the time is up on crockpot…
- Rinse & add one 14oz can of artichoke hearts – if large, quarter – cook on high for 5minutes (if you cooked on low turn to high)
- After the 5minutes – use a slotted spoon & transfer veggies & meat to a serving bowl – cover to keep warm
- Grab a small bowl, whisk together 1 full egg, 2 egg yolks, 1/3C fresh lemon juice & 1/2C of juices from crock pot – mix until smooth
- Blend egg mix into remaining juices in the crock pot – cover & let cook for 15-20minutes – whisking 2-3x
- Once it thickens (& temp reaches 160degrees) add 1/3C fresh chopped dill and ground pepper to taste
Pour the juices over your portion of warmed meat & veggies – Serve with crisp bread. Enjoy!
** I used Ramona Pinot Grigio – yes the NYC Housewife’s brand. Got to represent!
Find original recipe here.Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 5): 360 calories – 7 grams of fat – 35 carbs – 40 grams of protein