Fresh salsa & beer battered fish – how could you go wrong on a Friday night. Throw in a fresh tortilla & it sounds like the perfect weekend to me…ah the little things in life that make me happy!
- Grab a bowl & dice the following: 1 tomato, 1/4 red onion & 1/2 a jalapeño
- Mix in 3T fresh lime juice, 1/4C cilantro leaves & season with S/P/cayenne
- Set aside until you are ready to serve
- Cut 10oz of tilapia in strips – set aside
- In a bowl blend: 3T whole wheat flour, 1/4t cumin, salt, and cayenne – then whisk in 1/3C beer (I used Corona Light)
- Dip fish strips in beer mixture, place strips on a pre-greased skillet over medium heat
- Cook for 2-4minutes on each side – set aside & cover to keep warm
Now if you want to go wild & make your own tortillas then get on board – it was my first attempt at making them & I was shocked at how easy it really was! I can say that this will not be an every time occurrence, pre made shells are a-okay in my books.
- Whisk together: 1/4C & 2T water, 2 eggs, 2T EVOO & 1t fresh lime juice
- In another bowl combine: 2T coconut flour, 1/4t baking powder, 1/4t chili powder & 1/2t cumin
- Slowly pour wet into dry mixture – whisking until smooth consistency
- Spray cooking oil on pan or griddle – portion 1/4C batter & pour on hot surface – spread evenly
- Let batter cook for 1 minute, cover with skillet lid & let cook for another minute, flip & cook for 2 minutes
- Set completed tortillas to side & continue until the batter is finished
Lay your tortilla flat & stack with fish & salsa – mmmmmm mmm good!Nutritional Info Per Serving for Salsa (Serves 2): 100 calories – 7 grams of fat – 14 carbs – 2 grams of protein Nutritional Info Per Serving for Fish (Serves 2): 220 calories – 8 grams of fat – 10 carbs – 25 grams of protein Nutritional Info Per Tortilla (Makes 4): 115 calories – 10 grams of fat – 3 carbs – 4 grams of protein