It was really hard to destroy our pretty decorated eggs – but boy these turned out tasty, well worth it! I decided to twist up the typical deviled eggs and make a crab stuffed eggs! These puppies are so flavorful and way lower in calories – let the indulging (but not feel bad about it) over this holiday begin!
- Boil or bake 12 eggs, rinse under cold water, peel, cut in half , remove yolks (set in side bowl) & place egg white halves on side plate
- In a small bowl mix: 2C sliced radishes, juice of 1/2 a lemon & season with salt – cover & set in fridge for 30minutes
- In a separate bowl combine: 14oz cooked lump crab meat, 2 egg yolks, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1T EVOO, 3T Fage 0% (heaping), 2 diced celery stalks & 2t ground mustard
- Add S/P, taste & adjust seasoning if necessary
- Scoop crab mixture into the egg white halves until all used
Sprinkle with cayenne pepper & serve with the crisp radishes – YUM!
Hope this recipe inspires you to try something new for an appetizer this Easter! I am going to make this one again for my family this weekend!
Nutritional Info Per Half (Makes 24 Halves): 30 calories – 1 gram of fat – <1 carb – 4 grams of protein
For ingredient list & original recipe continue reading…
Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs Ingredient List:
- Dozen eggs
- 2C radishes
- 1 lemon
- 14oz cooked lump crab meat
- 2 egg yolks (from 2 of the boiled eggs)
- 3T Fage 0%
- 2 celery stalks
- 2t ground mustard
- 1T EVOO
Original recipe here.