My dog is a beast – an english bulldog named Bubby. My hub & I got him almost 6 years ago & he is the light of our life (most of the time)! Our boy weighs in at almost 60lbs – majority of his pounds is pure muscle, the rest just excess skin. He will eat anything & everything (except celery) anytime – whether it be his daily meals, our daily meals, treats from strangers, food on the streets & sometimes even trash that he thinks may be food. He is gross but he’s our little angel!
The hub was away for a few days so it was just the Bubster & myself – so why not treat our pooch to a lil love while he was missing his dad.
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper – set aside
- Mix the following in a large bowl: 1.5C brown rice flour, 1/2C old fashion oatmeal, 1/3C shredded cheddar, 1/3C unsweetened applesauce, 1/4C grated parm cheese, 2T EVOO & 3T water – form dough
- Grab a cutting board or lay parchment paper down – spread a bit of the brown rice flour on the surface, lay the dough & roll out with pin (1/4″ thick)
- Cut with whatever size cookie cutter you like (like I said, Bubby is a beast so I opted for a larger biscuit size which made 12)
- Re-roll scrapes & continue process til all dough is used
- Bake in oven for 30-350minutes or until golden brown & let cool on wire rack overnight in oven
- Once cooled store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 2 weeks
If you want to spruce it up for your pup use your thumb & pinky to make a paw imprint! Hope your pooch enjoys, cause I know my guy sure did! The picture below was him staring me down waiting for his cheddar biscuit, look at those eyes!
For ingredient list & original recipe continue reading…
Bubby’s Cheddar Biscuits Ingredient List:
Make sure you have parchment paper & any sort of cookie cutter – I used the top of one of my single baking tins for this
- 1.5C brown rice flour
- 1/2C old fashion oat meal
- 1/3C shredded cheddar
- 1/3C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4C grated parmesan cheese
Original recipe here.