It has been an interesting weekend to say the least – hub was away on a bachelor party in Reykjavik, Iceland and I was looking to get into something to kick off the warmer weather heading our way (today is supposed to be close to 70)! I decided a 3-day cleanse was fitting. The hub & friends wreaking havoc on the town & their bodies, while I spruced myself up! Harsh, but the truth ;).
Anywho. In NYC we have a wide variety of cleanses to choose from. A friend of mine suggested Organic Avenue – so I went ahead & signed up! I could either get a mix of the daily juices handpicked by their staff delivered to my doorstop every morning (I love the convenience of NYC) or pick it up at a nearby location – I chose the latter so I could speak with the worker & pick out my own options for each day (I am one particular lady!).
This is an example of what one of my days consisted of:
- Lemon Shot – 100% lemon
- Splendid Sweet Green – pear, orange, cucumber, swiss chard, collard greens, kale, lemon & mint
- Avocado Tomato Basil Soup – purified alkaline water, avocado, lime juice, sun-dried tomatoes, green onion, basil, garlic, himalayan salt, black pepper & cayenne pepper
- Green LOVE – kale, celery, romaine cucumber, swiss chard, spinach, collard greens, pear, lemon & parsley
- Caring Carrot – 100% carrot juice
- Creative Cashew Hemp Mylk – purified alkaline water, dates, irish miss, cashews, hemp seeds & himalayan salt
- Big Kale Salad – kale, arugula, celery, hemp seeds, sun-dried olives, raisins & carrots with their lemon herb vinaigrette (alkaline water, EVOO, lemon juice, dates, garlic, scallions, savory, thyme, himalayan salt, green onions & cayenne pepper)
I am sure the above list shocks you a bit – but I wanted to rejuvenate my body before the summer comes! Day 1 I felt weary of the outcome, but by day 3 I was feeling amazing! Clean body equals a clean mind & spirit. This was just what the doctor ordered! If you want to read more FAQs about the cleanse click here.
Continue reading if you want to hear the details of cost & the day to day of my cleanse…
$$$. The non-delivery cost is $50-65 a day. Delivery cost ranges & yes you can get it delivered to your doorstep, check it out here to see if they deliver to your neck of the woods! If you are interested, but scared of the price I get it – it is pricey but it gets your body’s gears shifted in the right direction. In my eyes 100% worth it and if you were to create this entire package yourself in your own kitchen you would be spending WAY more & you would have to buy/have a juicer!
My days –
- Day 1: Easy breezy – I really didn’t get hungry till dinner. At that time I was able to get into my kale salad & gazpacho, both were super tasty! For dessert I had the Cashew Hemp Mylk & let me tell you – IT WAS AMAZE!
- Day 2: Definitely felt a bit weaker & my nose was a bit stuffed up & runny. Sometimes cleanses/detoxes will cause ‘cold-like’ symptoms such as this due to the body releasing your sludge (a.k.a toxins).* Again, all the juices/soup/salad were YUM!
- Day 3: Still stuffed up & felt a bit weak. Was able to make it to yoga & after class I felt re-energized but ready to eat my dinner and dessert juice, bring on the Creamy Coconut Mylk!
- Day 4: Off the cleanse – woke up with energy & the sniffles are definitely going away!
I feel a sense of lightness – not necessarily in body weight, but just cleaned out. Honestly, if we didn’t have our Spartan Race coming up this weekend I would have continued on this adventure for a few more days.
Farewell Organic Avenue, until next time…cause there will definitely be a next time!
* If you want to read more about cleanes/detoxes check out The Beauty Detox Solution. I finished the April Book Club early & started reading this – it is an eye opener to say the least! Buy here if interested.