Holy Crud…yesterday almost tipped to 70 degrees in NYC & today the same, hallelujah!! I will be spending my day on our roof top enjoying the rays, writing, reading & eating some banana ice cream!
With that said, I am a huge fan of Gwyneth Paltrow & her banana ice cream recipe! Just in case you haven’t heard, my girl Gwennie is not only an actor & singer – but a straight up author! She just came out with her second book, It’s All Good and I happened to pick up a copy this weekend. Thank goodness because I ventured into making her OH SO AMAZING banana ice cream today! This will be a summer staple!
- Dice up 4 peeled bananas, place in a single layer on a plate with parchment paper – stick in freezer for at least an hour
- Add 1/4C of raw almonds to a plastic sandwich bag – mash up with a can
- In a small bowl mix: almond chunks, 2t maple syrup & 1/2t salt (I used pink himalayan salt) – set aside
- Put the following in a Vitamix (blender or food processor will work): frozen bananas, 1/2C unsweetened almond milk, 2T maple syrup & 1t vanilla extract
- Blend & scrape sides down if necessary – the mixture should slowly become the consistency of soft serve ice cream
You can scoop right on out of the mixer or save for later & store in a tupperware container in the freezer. If you want to indulge immediately make sure you don’t forget the kick – the yumtastic salty almond maple glaze!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4, 2 Scoops Each): 165 calories – 4 grams of fat – 32 carbs – 3 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
Ingredient List for Gwyneth’s Banana Ice Cream:
I know Vitamix is a huge purchase, but if you can splurge it is a great investment! If not, a blender or food processor will do just the trick.
- 4 bananas
- 1/4C raw almonds
- plastic baggie
- 1/2C unsweetened almond milk
- 3T maple syrup
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/2t salt (I used pink Himalayan salt)