This recipe was so light and delicious! Sushi grade tuna steaks coated with just the right flavor & seared to perfection. YUM!
- In a small bowl combine: 1/2C crushed mustard seed*, 1t salt & 1/2t ground pepper -blend & spread the mixture on a plate
- Using a sharp knife slice each tuna steak into long pieces (around 1/2″ wide)
- Gently place each tuna piece into the mustard mixture so it adheres on all sides
- Grab a large skillet & spray with cooking oil & 1T EVOO – place over medium heat, let stand til oil begins to crackle
- When skillet is ready place tuna in pan & sear on both top and bottom sides for roughly 1-5minutes (it really depends how rare you want it) – make sure the mustard does not burn, we want a golden hue
- Remove from heat & plate
I served this dish with pickled ginger (the hubs can’t go without) & a side of broccolini with shiitake mushrooms. The veggies steamed in a mix of 1/3C Braggs & 1t minced garlic & ginger for 2 minutes.
Quick, easy & very delicious!Nutritional Info Per Serving Tuna (Serves 2 6oz pieces): 250 calories – 6 grams of fat – 5 carbs – 44 grams of protein Nutritional Info Per Serving of Side (Serves 2): 90 calories – <1 gram fat – 18 carbs – 9 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Tuna with Mustard Seed Crust Ingredient List:
- 2 6-8oz sushi quality tuna steaks
- 1/2C crushed mustard seeds (buy this way or crush mustard seeds yourself)
and for the side…
- Bundle of broccolini
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3C Braggs Amino Acid
- 1t minced ginger
- 1t minved garlic
- Pickled ginger
Original recipe here.