Talk about a quick soup – slice, dice & blend! This was a refreshing soup for any time of the day or year.
- Chop up: 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 an english cucumber & 1/2 a sweet onion – set aside
- In a Vitamix (or blender) add: 1/2t minced garlic, 1/4t salt, 10 leaves fresh basil, 3T fresh squeezed lemon juice & chopped veggies from above (cucumber, onion, red & yellow bell pepper)
- Turn on mixer & pulse til finely chopped – transfer to a large bowl
- Now dice up 3 large yellow tomatoes, add them to the empty Vitamix (or blender) – pulse til almost smooth
- Stir tomatoes into the veggie mixture
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Add fresh basil as garnish or even spice up the gazpacho with grilled shrimp skewers, enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 55 calories – <1 gram of fat – 13 carbs – 2 grams of protein
For ingredient list & original recipe continue reading…
Gazpacho Ingredient List:
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 Sweet onion
- 2 lemons
- 3 yellow tomatoes
- Bunch of fresh basil
- Minced garlic
Original recipe here.