I know this picture looks alot like my Moroccan Spiced Lemon Dressing recipe I posted not to long ago – but I swear it is WAY different!
You know when you get into something & you just cant get enough of it – whether it be a pair of great fitting jeans, a tv show that you can watch an episode marathon of or a meal that you crave, even right after you just take that last bite? Right now I am into my one flannel, the TV show Revenge (don’t judge) & this salad!
I am talking about the Dharma Kale Salad. I love it, can’t get enough of it – just finished it for lunch & already thinking about making it for lunch tomorrow. I mentioned in a previous post that I finished reading The Beauty Detox Solution, well this is a salad that the author, Kimberly Snyder mentions in her chapters. Hope you enjoy!
- Wash & dry 1 head of kale – strip the leaves off the thick spine stem by hand, discard stalk & place leaves into a large bowl
- Add a pinch of sea salt into the bowl & begin to break up the kale into smaller pieces (the salt tenderizes the kale)
- Wash & add: 1/2C sprouts, 1/4C flat leaf parsley & 1 diced tomato
- Cut an avocado in half & scoop out one side into the bowl
- Cut a large lemon in half & squeeze the juice from one half into the bowl
- Add: 1T dulse flakes, 1T, nutritional yeast, 1T hemp seeds & cayenne pepper to taste (I add 1/4t)
- Now get in there with your hands & mix up this salad!
This salad is so sensational that I even got the hub into it! The creamy avocado, lemon juice & nutritional yeast really give this salad a killer taste & it is packed with antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes & minerals (all the nutritional building blocks your body needs)!Nutritional Info for the Salad: 370 calories – 17 grams of fat – 47 carbs – 20 grams of protein
For an ingredient list & original recipe please continue reading…
Ingredient List for the Dharma Kale Salad:
- 1 head of kale
- 1/2C of sprouts/micro greens (I used buckwheat micro greens)
- 1 tomato
- 1/4C flat leaf parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 large lemon
- 1T dulse flakes
- 1T nutritional yeast
- 1T hemp seeds
- Cayenne pepper
Click here for a video tutorial of the recipe.