I was at a friends BBQ last weekend & I brought all the goodies to make this bad boy. Within minutes, my friend’s house was looming with the smell of fresh mint & watermelon – everyone’s nose was leading them into the kitchen. Amidst making my first batch I was told to double it up!
This drink is not only super tasty, but all the fresh goodness (watermelon, blueberries & mint) really masks the strong tequila & gives your drink a healthy twist! This drink is dangerously delicious! So pump up your Memorial Day BBQ game & make this to sip on!
Now on to the mixology…
- Prepare 8C of diced, seedless watermelon – place in blender & purée until smooth
- In a small saucepan heat 1/4C water & 1/4C sugar – stir, let sugar dissolve & cool
- Grab a large bowl or pitcher & combine the sugar syrup, 1/4C fresh lime juice, 1 and 3/4C blueberries & 3/4C fresh mint leaves – using a wooden spoon slightly muddle
- Once muddled add 1 and 1/4C silver tequila
Serve over ice – If you want to go wild & crazy rim the glass with sugar (yum) & add a slice of watermelon!Nutritional Info Per Cocktail (Serves 8 drinks): 160 calories – 0 fat – 16 carbs – 2 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Watermelon-Tequila Cocktails:
- 1 seedless watermelon
- 2C blueberries
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 4 limes
- Silver Tequila (I used Patron Silver)
To check out original recipe click here.