Rome to Tuscany, what a difference! Rome was chaotic (and fun) but our stay in the Tuscan countryside was all about relaxation. Our hotel was in the middle of a 4,000 acre estate, tucked away for no one to find!
After our pit stop in Todi we kept on heading to the countryside of Tuscany. An hour uphill on a windy road led us to the most breathtaking view & hotel of our trip thus far! Castiglion del Bosco made us feel welcomed upon arrival with warm smiles, fresh mint water (yes, please!) & a tour of the estate. Bocce court, outside gym, infinity pool, church, organic garden, a ‘street’ that housed the restaurants. Finally, we were shown to our suite which was immaculate!
With all the wonderful amenities at our fingertips my hub & I knew that no day trips away from this place were in the cards for us – we took full advantage of the hotel and the activities they had to offer. Just as the amenities were amazing, the activities were out of this world…below are the activities we participated in (these are just a few they offered, the list to pick from was expansive for both kids & adults):
- “Boot camp” training session with a MMA fighter in the hills
- Archery lessons with a national champion
- Painting in the vineyards with an established artist (she was in books!)
- Night safari in a Land Rover
- Photography lesson with a local well-known photographer
- Market night on their ‘street’ with vendors, food & drinks flowing
- Wine tasting with a sommelier that ended in a case of wine purchased (hello hangover)
I do not think I could be anymore positive about this leg of our adventure. It was just what the doctor ordered after full days of tours and sightseeing in multiple cities. We will come back here without a doubt, can’t wait to bring family and future kids back to this amazing place!
Miss you already Castiglion del Bosco!