O.M.G. good – this can be whipped up for a side or main dish at any summer event (served cold) or even in the cold months served warm!
- Preheat oven to 325degrees – layer pan with parchment paper & add 1/2C chopped pecans in one layer – bake til golden (do not let get black) – set aside
- Cook 3/4 cup wild rice per instructions on packet
- When rice is nearly cooked (~30 minutes) add 1/2C quinoa and cook until the rice & quinoa are tender (about 15 minutes)
While cooking rice continue with the below:
- Whisk 1/4C oil, 1/4C vinegar, 3/4t salt & 1/4t pepper in large bowl
- Slice up 2C pitted cherries, 2 stalks diced celery & 1/2C toasted pecans – toss in large bowl
Once the rice/quinoa mix is fully cooked drain & rinse with cold water until cool to the touch & add into large bowl with other ingredients.
This dish is yum & can be served at room temp, hot or cold – so make sure to add this to your menu at anytime of year!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 310 calories – 12 grams of fat – 45 carbs – 9 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Cherry, Wild Rice & Quinoa Salad:
- 2C pitted cherries
- 2 stalks celery
- 3/4C wild rice
- 1/2C quinoa
- 1/2C chopped raw pecans
- 1/4C raspberry vinaigrette
- EVOO & S/P
Click here for original recipe.