Hello new summer star, this dish is so tasty! The colors aren’t the most pleasing to the eye, but this combination is packed with flavors! Who would have thunk to combine kalamata olives & summer squash? Not this lady – however I am so glad I tried it out! The vinaigrette is top notch by itself, I have already made it again in bulk for future salad dressings!
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & layer cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Slice 5 small summer squash lengthwise & lay on parchment paper – cook til tender
- For kalamata vinaigrette, in a blender add in: 1/2C pitted kalamata olives, 1/4C water, 1T EVOO, 1T apple cider vinegar, 1/2t black pepper & 1/4t salt – set aside
- Grab a large bowl & add in: 1C diced baby tomatoes, juice from 1 lemon, 3 minced garlic cloves & 1T EVOO
Once squash is tender add to bowl & toss with the mixture – lay on plate & top with kalamata vinaigrette!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 2): 250 calories – 20 grams of fat – 16 carbs – 4 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Baked Summer Squash with Kalamata Vinaigrette:
- 5 yellow squash (yellow zucchini)
- 1/2C pitted kalamata olives
- Pint of baby tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- Apple cider vinegar
- Minced garlic, EVOO, salt & pepper
Adapted from this recipe.