I dream of kale. For real, I am in love with this green goodness! So why not chop it up & create a kale soup that is light enough for summer & quick enough to get you out of the kitchen fast during these warm nights.
Lets get to it…
- Drain lite extra firm tofu & press* for 30minutes prior to adding to dish
- In a medium saucepan add 2C low sodium vegetable broth, 1 diced yellow onion, 2 cloves of diced garlic – bring to boil
- Once boiling add the tofu – bring back to boil
- Lower heat & add 1 head of chopped kale – sauté for 5minutes
- Remove pan & stir in 2t yellow miso
- Transfer soup from saucepan to blender – blend till your your desired consistency (I wanted thick soup, I was craving to taste the kale, so I blended it for a short time to keep the chunk)
Once blended serve with yummy crackers – I found these purple gluten free crackers which added the perfect crisp to this yummy soup!
*Lay block of tofu on a rimmed dish with a paper towel underneath it. Place a paper towel on top followed by another dish (so the tofu block is weighed down). This will drain out excess water from the tofu. If towels become fully soaked, replace with fresh ones.Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 130 calories – 5 grams of fat – 12 carbs – 13 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Chunky Cream of Kale:
- 1 container of extra firm tofu
- 1 i head of kale
- 1 yellow onion
- 2C low sodium vegetable broth
- 2t yellow miso
- minced garlic
Click here for original recipe.