For the sweltering summer months we need a cold treat, and this is it! It combines two powerhouse foods – chia & green tea!
I love chia seeds & find them really tasty in recipes because they bulk up quickly to form a gelatinous texture (previous recipe here , here & here)! Plus, these seeds are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, fiber & antioxidants to just name a few of the benefits.
Matcha green tea powder has endless health benefits as well (read here), plus adding it to any recipe will give you a bit of pep in your step with the caffeine!
So lets get to making this summer treat…
- Add the following into a blender: 2C almond milk, 2T maple syrup, 2t matcha powder & 1t vanilla extract – blend until mixed well
- Grab a medium sized bowl & add 6T chia seeds
- Pour liquid mixture over chia seeds – stir thoroughly
Let the chia pudding sit out & stir every few minutes for 15minutes. Then let the mixture chill in the fridge for at least an hour or overnight (I did overnight & it was amazing).
Top with fresh berries & a sprinkle of unsweetened coconut.Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 140 calories – 6 grams of fat – 16 carbs (9 fiber) – 5.5 protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Matcha Green Tea Chia Pudding:
- 2C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2T maple syrup
- 2t matcha powder (buy on amazon or your local grocery store – my Whole Foods had it)
- 1t vanilla extract
- 6T chia seeds
Click here for original recipe.