Our last minute themed potluck dinner was a success & with only a day to plan their dish, our friends really brought their A-game! We had a tator-tot casserole, steak tacos topped with hot cheeetos, fruity pebble rice crispies & homemade pigs-in-a-blanket to just name a few!
Then of course you have my dish – a healthified taco salad! No meat, no cheese & all organic! Sounds perfect for the theme right? Well let me tell you – it was a hit & super yummy! So tasty that I even made it again for dinner last night!
Lets get to it…
- In a medium sized skillet toss 1 packet of chorizo style Tofurky & 1 packet taco seasoning – stir & heat (Tofurky only needs to be heated, it’s already cooked)
- Chop 3 heads of romaine & toss in large bowl
- Chop & add in 2 large tomatoes, I can drained black beans, 1/2C Daiya chedder cheese, warmed Tofurky & 1/2C french dressing – toss well to mix everything together
Serve the mixed salad with a dollop of tofu sour cream & baked chips on the side for extra crunch! I served it with real cheese Doritos just for the theme & people loved!
Just to note – this dish was a hit AND nobody knew it was vegan! I finally let everyone in on the secret & they were shocked!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 450 calories – 29 grams of fat – 38 carbs – 21 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
Ingredient List for Taco Salad:
- 3 heads of romaine
- 2 large tomatoes
- Tofurky chorizo style
- 1 can of unsalted black beans
- 1/2C Daiya cheddar cheese
- Tofu sour cream
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or make your own (click here)
- Jar of french dressing
- Chips for extra crunch (baked tortillas or cheesy Doritos)