While I was in Florida a few weeks back celebrating the baby who is coming in less than a month, the momma-to-be whipped up this tasty breakfast for us! Yes, I was being spoiled majorly by one of my besties…I like to think she was in nesting mode!
Anywho, these pancakes will surely be made on the regular in my household. How can you resist a yummy maple cinnamon pancake, especially when they are gluten free too!
So, grab two bowls & lets getting mixing…
- In a bowl add: 1/2C almond flour, 1/2C gluten free all-purpose flour, 3/4t cinnamon, 1t baking soda & a dash of sea salt – mix
- In the second bowl combine: 1/2C vanilla almond milk, 1 egg white, 2T maple syrup & 1t vanilla extract – blend
- Whisk the the wet ingredients & slowly add them into the dry bowl – stir until smooth consistency
- Heat coconut oil on skillet over medium heat
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the skillet, cook until surface of pancake bubbles, flip carefully (to ease this grease up the spatula with coconut oil) & let the underside brown (~2-3minutes)
- Continue the above process til batter is gone
If you want to add a lil’ more flavor to these already yummy pancakes then grab another bowl & get ready for even more deliciousness! Mix up 1 pint of blueberries, 2T crushed raw pecans & 2T of maple syrup with a pinch of sea salt! This blend of sweet & salty tops off this maple cinnamon pancake perfectly!
Anywho, I posted a picture of the flapjacks she made on my Instagram account – if you aren’t following me then start @thesparkledsidewalk !Nutritional Info Per Pancake (Makes 6): 145 calories – 5 grams of fat – 22 carbs – 3.5 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe….
Ingredient List for Maple Cinnamon Pancakes:
- 1/2C almond flour
- 1/2C gluten free all-purpose flour (can be swapped out for regular flour if wanted)
- 1/2C vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 2T maple syrup
- Pantry Basics: coconut oil, 1t vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt
Find original recipe here.