Before I talk about this recipe I just need to give a shout out to Chico Chef! In the past, I have used similar products, but typically after a handful of uses they seem to get to flimsy, fall apart or become discolored…but not this bad boy! I was lucky enough to find Chico Chef one day while browsing the ever so lovely Amazon (seriously, what would we do without Amazon)!
I can not rave enough about how easy it is to bake with the Chico Chef. No spray oil needed – just plop whatever it is your lil’ heart desires onto the silicon mat & bake away! Oh, and did I mention that barely ANY cleaning is needed? Wipe the surface off with a damp cloth & voila, ready to be used again!
Okay…enough about how one product has simply changed my life in the kitchen. On to discuss these ever so tasty coconut macaroons drizzled with dark chocolate, YUM!
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- In a bowl add in: 1C unsweetened shredded coconut, 1T coconut flour, 1/2C + 2T lite canned coconut milk, 3T maple syrup, 1packet stevia, 1/4t vanilla extract & dash of salt (~ 1/8t) – stir til well combined
- Microwave for 3minutes
- Grab a cookie sheet, lay the Chico Chef down – scoop mixture directly onto Chico Chef using a tablespoon to measure and shape each macaroon (should make ~12)
- Stick in oven for 20-30minutes (until some of the coconut turns golden brown)
Remove from oven & let cool…I spruced these up with a dark chocolate drizzle & a scoop of chocolate coconut ice cream – yep, amazing! If you want to do the same, continue reading for the rest of the recipe!Nutritional Info Per Macaroon w Drizzle (Makes 12): 75 calories – 5.5 grams of fat – 6 carbs – 1gram of protein
Continue reading for chocolate recipe, ingredient list & original recipe…
Recipe for Chocolate Drizzle (make sure macaroons are cooled before drizzle):
- Grab a microwaveable bowl, melt 2 squares of the baking bar in microwave (~1minute)
- Add in 1T lite coconut milk, stir – continue stirring in 2T more coconut milk to get the chocolate really liquid
- Dip the spoon into the melted chocolate & drizzle over the cooled macaroons
Ingredient List for Coconut Macaroons with Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1T coconut flour
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 3T maple syrup
- 1 65% cacao semi-sweet chocolate baking bar
- 1 pack stevia
- Pantry Basics: Vanilla extract & salt
Click here for original recipe.