While we were up in Montreal I made friends with a girl – more specifically a doctor – who literally answered all my medical questions admist my wine drinking! Anywho…she mentioned a recipe that sounded too good to be true, a flourless chickpea blondie! Yum in the tum, I think I found a go to recipe! Thanks Doctor K.!
Lets get to this delicious dessert…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- In a food processor combine: 1 15oz can of drained chickpeas, 1/2C raw almond butter, 1/3C maple syrup, 1 egg, 2t vanilla extract, 1/2t salt, 1/4t of both baking powder & baking soda
- Blend until batter is smooth & then fold in 1/2C of dark chocolate chips
- Spread batter evenly in a 8×8 greased pan & bake for 20minutes
- Cool pan for 20minutes on a wire rack
Add a dash sea salt, sprinkle on powdered sugar & serve with a scoop of vanilla soy ice cream!
*For storage I sliced mine up & froze them, no defrosting needed!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 16): 125 calories – 7 grams of fat – 12 carbs – 4 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Chickpea Blondies:
- 1 15oz can of unsalted chickpeas
- 1/2C raw creamy almond butter
- 1/3C maples syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/2C dark chocolate chips
- Basic Pantry: vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda & salt
Original recipe here.