I love Nantucket. For real, I love Nantucket. Did I tell you I love Nantucket? If you haven’t been, make sure to put Nantucket on your bucket list. Whether it’s next summer or 20 years from now you must go!!
I will post a brief summary of our trip to Nantucket in the next few days, but until then I wanted to share with you my love of the lobster roll. Had one for lunch before leaving the island & created this dish the following day. Too much goodness in one sandwich, enjoy!
- Boil 4lbs lobster (until red) or buy 1lb cooked lobster meat
- If you boil – crack lobster open, remove meat, cut into 1/2inch pieces, place in bowl & refrigerate for at least an hour
- In a small bowl mix 1/2C diced celery, 1/4C regular mayo, 1.5T fresh lemon juice, 2t dried basil, 1/4t salt, 1/4t pepper, dash of sriracha sauce & pinch of cayenne. Add mixture to bowl of lobster meat and toss together – refrigerate
- Preheat a skillet on stove top, lightly spread Earth Balance original spread on both sides of 2 hot dog buns & toast til golden brown on both sides
Scoop chilled lobster mix into toasted buns & serve with a side salad or jicama fries (recipe to come this week)!
Also, I know this is a high calorie meal – but it is an end of the summer treat! Love every bite of that roll!Nutritional Info Per Lobster Roll: 560 calories – 27 grams of fat – 31 carbs – 50 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
Ingredient List for Nantucket Love Lobster Roll:
- 4lbs of uncooked lobster or 1lb cooked lobster meat
- 2 hot dog buns (I used gluten free buns since they are more tough & what I wanted)
- 1 head of celery
- 1 lemon
- 1/4C regular mayonaise
- Basic Pantry: Earth Balance original spread, dried basil, cayenne, sriracha sauce, salt, pepper