So, this whole baking thing may become a trend in our household. Don’t get me wrong, I love baking – but this past Sunday I woke up super early, went to the kitchen, put my headphones on, made a cup of tea & began baking away.
Am I weird? It swear, it was so peaceful! Better yet, I was listening to Nat King Cole…okay now I know that makes me even more weird or a little to old for my age, but I loved it! Anywho, I whipped up this delicious coconut banana bread & also strawberry-lime flaxseed muffins all before 7am (recipe for the latter will come once it is perfected)!
Lets get to it…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & prep loaf baking dish with coconut oil/spray
- Combine 1/2C melted coconut oil & 1/2C honey in a small bowl
- In a large bowl combine 6 eggs, 2t vanilla extract, 1t almond extract & 3/4t salt
- Whisk in the oil/honey bowl, then 3/4C coconut flour
- Add in 2 mashed bananas & 2T shredded coconut – stir til all lumps are gone
- Pour into prepared loaf pan & top off with a sprinkling of coconut shreds
If the sides begin to darken, tent the pan with aluminum foil to prevent burning, if not then you are good to go & let it bake for 45minutes!
Make sure to let it cool before digging in & refrigerate, if you can hold off for that long!Nutritional Info Per Slice (12 Slices): 200 calories – 12 grams of fat – 20 carbs – 4 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Coconut Banana Bread:
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4C coconut flour
- 3T unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1t almond extract
- Basic Pantry: coconut oil, coconut spray, honey, vanilla extract & salt
Original recipe here.