We ordered in (I know, the horror)! Well, semi ordered in. I picked up some sushi on the way home the other night – hey, it was late & I was tired! However, I still managed to throw something together in less then 10minutes that went perfectly with our takeout! A delicious miso soup!
Here’s the quick recipe…
- Bring 5C of water to a boil
- Once boiling add in 2 thinly sliced scallions (white parts & all), 2t freshly grated ginger & 1 garlic clove thinly sliced* – let simmer for 10minutes
- After 10 minutes stir in 3-4T yellow miso paste (make sure it dissolves), then add in 1C of chopped kale, 1C of cubed tofu (~1/2 a block) & 2t Braggs amino acid
- Let it cook for a final 2 minutes then remove from heat
Serve piping hot & enjoy slurping on this tasty soup!
* typically I use jarred minced ginger & garlic but for this dish I recommend using the real dealNutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 60 calories – 1 gram of fat – 5 carbs – 7 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
Ingredient List for Kale Miso Soup:
- 1 package Lite Firm Nasoya tofu
- 1C kale chopped
- 2 scallions
- Fresh ginger or garlic (I had this on hand & it was super tasty – I am sure jarred would be okay too)
- Yellow miso paste
- Basic Pantry: Braggs amino acid