Our last minute movie decisions on Saturday night led to making this dish. With nothing in the fridge & only an hour before seeing ‘Rush’ I decided to put together something with what we had. Oddly enough, whenever I am in a crunch to make dinner, breakfast seems to happen! Needless to say, it was tasty like usual & it turned out to be an interesting dish!
Lets get to it…
- Press & dry your tofu (I just lay the tofu on a plate with a few paper towels underneath, cover with paper towels & top off with a heavy plate – do this for about 15minutes)
- Chop 1 onion & sauté with 1t vegan butter til edges are browned
- Then crumble the pressed tofu into the same pan
- Add 3t Braggs amino acid & 1t turmeric to the pan- stir & let liquid get absorbed (lower heat if needed)
- Fold in 1C chopped kale & 1/4C nutritional yeast – stir (if you want to add S/P I would do so now)
Remove from heat & let cool.
Continue reading for tempeh bacon recipe, nutritional info, the ingredient list & original recipe…
Tempeh Bacon Recipe:
- Thinly slice your block of tempeh into bacon-like strips
- In a medium sized bowl combine 1T maple syrup, 2t Braggs amino acid & 1t apple cider vinegar – add in thinly sliced tempeh & cover (I just let the tempeh sit for a few minutes but you can marinate for longer if you want)
- Clean out the pan used above & then add 1T EVOO
- When the oil is sizzling add in the marinated tempeh slices
- Sauté each side for about 2minutes (or until brown)
Plate tofu scramble & tempeh bacon, enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 2): 400 calories – 15 grams of fat – 34 carbs – 40 grams of protein
Ingredient List for Tofu Scramble & Tempeh Bacon:
- 1 package of Lite Nasoya Firm Tofu
- 1 package tempeh
- 1 yellow onion
- 1C of kale
- Basic Pantry: EVOO, vegan butter, turmeric, Braggs amino acid (or soy sauce), nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup & S/P
Find original recipe here.