Okay, so I am full throttle into fall. Swapped out my summer clothes for fall/winter clothes this weekend & I think I consumed enough squash for a small army. I literally can not get enough of it – pumpkin, delicata & butternut are just a few types of squash that I’ve been enjoying over the past few days. But any kind of squash is packed with flavor & nutrients (not to mention way low in calories too)!
Anywho, this dish was created by the amazing, Oh She Glows. Her blog consists of only vegan dishes – whether it be treats to hit your sweet tooth or savory dishes like this…her recipes are never a miss!
Let the cheesiness begin…
- Cook your quinoa macaroni pasta according to the 8oz package directions – drain, rinse & set aside
- In a large pot mix 1T Earth Balance original buttery spread, 3/4C original unsweetened almond milk, 6T nutritional yeast, 1T arrowroot, 1T fresh lemon juice, 2t dijon mustard, 1/2t garlic powder, 1/2t onion powder, 1/2t of salt & pepper to taste – whisk til no clumps & stir until it thickens (3minutes on high)
- Once thickened remove from heat & add 1 can of butternut squash – stir til creamy consistency
- Mix in macaroni & 2C chopped lacinato kale
Yum in my tum, this dish was unreal!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 360 calories – 6 grams of fat – 65 carbs – 11.5 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List to Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese:
- 8oz package of quinoa macaroni
- 1 can of butternut squash
- 3/4C original unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lemon
- 2C chopped lacinato kale
- Basic Pantry: Earth Balance original buttery spread, nutritional yeast, arrowroot, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder & S/P
Find original recipe here.