Um…who doesn’t love any kind of nut butter right? Well in my abode we can’t even have it present because it will be gone before the day ends!
However, I found this lovely recipe that is more of a healthy treat than a “spoon in the jar and feel guilty” kind of deal. It is a quick & simple butter that is not as heavy as most nut butters. Delicious recipe for fall because it incorporates pumpkin – ahhh I love autumn squashes 🙂
On to this delicious nut butter…
- Soak 1C raw pecans for 4hours (drain & rinse)
- Combine the following in a food processor: soaked pecans, 1C almond milk, 3/4C pureed pumpkin, 3T maple syrup, 2T chia seeds, 1T coconut oil, 1.5t cinnamon, 1/2t ground ginger, 1/4t ground nutmeg & the seeds from half a vanilla bean
- Blend til pecan pumpkin butter is smooth
Enjoy it by the spoonful or serve it with a sliced up apple!Nutritional Info Per Tbsp (Serves 36): 36 calories – 3 grams of fat – 2 carbs – .5 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Ingredient List for Pecan Pumpkin Butter:
- 1C raw pecans
- 1C almond milk
- 3/4C pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Vanilla bean
- Basic Pantry: maple syrup, chia seeds, coconut oil, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg
Another recipe from the amazing Oh She Glows.