Yes, I am still on this pumpkin crave & no I will not get over it! I swear it adds such a great flavor to any baked good!
On to these delicious pumpkin & chocolate chip scones…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine 3.5C of flour, 1/2C+2T sugar, 2T baking powder, 1t cinnamon, 1t nutmeg, 1t heaping ground ginger & 1/2t salt – set aside
- In a smaller bowl mix together 1/4C canned coconut milk & 1t apple cider vinegar – whisk & let thicken
- Once thickened add 1.5C pureed pumpkin & 1/2C melted/cooled butter – stir
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry & use your hands to really get all combined
- Fold in 1C vegan mini chocolate chips
- Dust a clean surface with flour & place dough on the surface
- Form the dough into a circle (about 1inch thick) cut into 12 pie shaped slices (I put flour on my knife to get an easier slide while cutting)
- Place slices on prepared cookie sheet & sprinkle the tops with sugar
- Bake for 20-25minutes or until golden brown
Wahooo, these scones were d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s! For breakfast or dessert, they were a major hit in this household this weekend. Hope you enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Makes 12): 315 calories – 14 grams of fat – 46 carbs – 6.6 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Scones:
- 1/4C canned coconut milk (full fat/unsweetened)
- 1.5C pumpkin purée
- 1C vegan chocolate chips
- Basic Pantry: whole wheat pasty flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, apple cider vinegar, Earth Balance buttery spread
Find original recipe here from Let the Good In.