With the hubs crazy work week & the frigid temps still looming around Boston I decided to make a warm dinner for him to come home to on Friday. What better way to stay at home then a homemade dish & a few episodes of House of Lies to catch up with (love this show!).
Anywho, I whipped up an easy chicken meatball dish with a twist of kale & lemon. It was simple & ever so tasty that the hub finished off the rest of the servings (yes, that yummy)!
Lets get to it…
- Heat 1T EVOO in a large pot over medium heat – add 1.5 minced shallots, 1 diced scallion (green parts as well), 2 minced garlic cloves & 1/4t crushed red pepper flakes – cook & stir for 6minutes
- Add 1/3 of ground chicken – break up pieces & cook thoroughly
- Transfer to side bowl, mix in the rest of the raw chicken, salt & pepper – form 8 meatballs
- Wipe out your pot – add 1T EVOO, add meatballs & cook until browned (6-8minutes) – set aside
- Add remaining half of shallot & lemon slices to – cook until they turn golden brown then add 2C of chicken broth to pan & the cooked meatballs
- Bring to simmer, reduce heat & cover – cook for 8minutes then add 1 bunch of destemmed kale
- Cook until kale turns bright green (~4minutes)
Remove from heat & serve – make sure to garnish with a grind of red pepper flakes & fresh scallions!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 270 calories – 14 grams of fat – 9 carbs – 27 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
Chicken Meatballs with Kale & Lemon:
- 1lb ground chicken meat
- 1 large bunch of curly kale
- 1 lemon
- 1 scallion
- 2 shallots
- 2C low sodium chicken broth
- Basic Pantry: EVOO, minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes & S/P
Click here for original recipe.