This has been one of my fave dishes while pregnant. During the first few months I was not up to cooking & nothing really sounded good to me. However, one night I was rummaging through our pantry/fridge & gathered a few goodies. I whipped together this – it is so simple & honestly SO tasty – and I am not going to lie – the hub & I now have it weekly!
This meal is seriously effortless! With barely any dishes dirty & leftovers for the following day – I couldn’t ask for a better recipe! And, when baby comes along – this will continue being a weekly staple in our household.
Lets get to it…
- Cook 6ounces of favorite pasta according to the package (I love using caserecce pasta)
- Add 1pound ground turkey to a large pot – add 2t minced garlic, 1t of oregano, basil & parsley – break up meat and it let brown
- Once browned add in 1 chopped onion, 8oz chopped baby bella mushrooms, 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce & 1/2t of salt/pepper – stir
- Let all the goodness simmer in the pot for ~10-15minutes
- Remove pasta from stovetop once done, drain & add it to meat mixture
- Finally, top the combined meat/pasta dish with 2-3C fresh baby spinach – stir in
Top this off with some extra pasta sauce & parmesan cheese. Hope you enjoy this meal as much as I do!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 390 calories – 12 grams of fat – 42 carbs – 32 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
My Go-To Veggie Turkey Pasta: