In this household, anything this delicious goes fast and anything that only uses one pot is a definite winner!
This specific dinner really brought out the yum factor with only using one pot (yes you read that right)! In under 6 steps I was able to create a powerful dish with flavors for days with the fresh lemon juice & fresh basil being tamed slightly by the gooey cheese.
On to the goodness…
- Grab a large pot – add in 1pound of diced up chicken breasts, 1T EVOO & 1t S/P
- Once chicken is browned lower heat a tad & add 2t minced garlic – cook for one minute while stirring
- Then add 2C low sodium chicken broth, 1C water, 1/2pound of uncooked penne pasta – bring to boil then reduce heat to low, cover & let cook for 15minutes
- After 15minutes remove cover & let simmer for 5minutes (or until broth is reduced by half)
- During this 15minutes, wash 6 stalks of asparagus, place on a plate & cover with a wet paper towel – zap in microwave for ~2minutes
- Remove from heat – stir in 6 stalks of chopped asparagus, 1/2C fresh basil, 1/3C Veggie-parm, 1/4C fresh lemon juice & zest from 1 large lemon
Garnish with extra lemon zest & red pepper flakes, enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 400 calories – 8 grams of fat – 46 carbs – 36 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…
One-Pot Cheesy Chicken Pasta:
- 6 stalks asparagus
- 1/2C fresh basil
- 1 large lemon (or two small)
- 1pound diced up chicken breast
- 2C low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2pound whole wheat penne pasta
- Veggie-parm (or regular parmesan cheese)
- Basic Pantry: minced garlicEVOO, S/P
Click here for original recipe.