Hellllooo baby potatoes – you are my new found love interest (sorry hubby)! The star of this dish was supposed to be the salmon, but scootch on over fish – these carb filled lovelies have won me over!
I have made these potatoes several times & let me tell you, yum in the tum. The perfect warm side to a dish for anytime of the year. I can picture my summer grill outs now with this tasty side!
On to the recipe…
- Preheat oven to 425degrees
- Slice your baby potatoes lengthwise, place in a colander & toss with 2T EVOO and a generous amount of pepper
- Place them on parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer & roast for 25minutes
- While they are roasting zest one large lemon, then juice the lemon – combine the zest/juice with 1.5T flakey salt – set aside
- Remove potatoes from oven, toss with lemon/salt mixture & roast for another 5-10minutes
Voila, the easiest & most scrumptious potatoes around! Give them a try!
Continue reading for the salmon recipe, ingredient list & original recipe…
- In a small bowl combine 2 tarragon sprigs finely chopped, 1/4C flat italian parsley finally chopped, 8 basil leaves finely chopped with 1t minced garlic & 1T EVOO
- Place 2 6oz salmon filets in a baking dish & cover both with the above mixture
- Roast in oven for 10minutes or until flakey
Ingredient List for the Baked Salmon with Simple Roasted Potatoes:
- 2 6oz salmon filets
- 1 bag of baby potatoes
- 1 large lemon
- Fresh tarragon, basil & flat leaf italian parsley
- Basic Pantry: EVOO & S/P
Original recipe here.