Stopped in at Whole Foods the other day…who am I kidding, I am there 3x a week! Anywho, rarely am I tempted to even look at the pre-made food they have, however this time around I was intrigued! They had a cold chicken dish that looked too good to not scoop up!
Boy oh boy was I right – Whole Foods nailed this dish & now I am trying to recreate it! I can definitely tell you off the bat that I didn’t add as much EVOO as they did – so add what your lil’ tastebuds are telling you to!
Either buy a roasted chicken, bake 3 chicken breasts or (what I did) crockpot a 4 pound chicken. If you decide to crockpot it find my directions in the “continue reading” section.
Once you have cooked chicken…
- Remove any bones from the chicken & set the meat aside to cool in a large bowl – once cooled shred the chicken
- Add 4T honey mustard, 2T dijion mustard, 2T oregano, 2T red wine vinegar, 1T EVOO & 1t of salt and pepper to the shredded chicken bowl – mix
- In a colander drain out one jar of the following: artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, green & black olives – sit in colander to continue to drain
- Once drained quarter the artichoke hearts, slice up the hearts of palm & all the olives
- Mix in the olives, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts & 2C arugula to chicken mixture
That’s it – ready to be served! I prefer it on a bed of arugula, but the hub loved it on toasted bread! Hope you enjoy my chicken salad with a twist! Such a perfect dish for warm summer days!Nutritional Info per Serving (Serves 4): 340calories – 30grams of fat – 12.5carbs – 36grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list…
Chicken Salad with a Twist Ingredient List:
- 4lb chicken (or 3 breasts of chicken)
- 2C arugula
- 1 jar of hearts of palm
- 1 jar of quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 jar of black pitted olives
- 1 jar of green pitted olives
- Basic Pantry: oregano, red wine vinegar, honey mustard, dijon mustard, EVOO & S/P
To Crockpot a 4lb Chicken:
- Fill your crockpot with 1/2inch of water, wad up 2 balls of aluminum foil & place on bottom
- Remove/toss the giblets from inside your chicken, place chicken on top of aluminum balls & season with salt & pepper
- Cover & cook for 4.5hours