When the hub & I first moved to Boston we met Lizzie, the oh so wonderful stylist from J.Crew – her & I quickly grew fond of one another & our passion for fashion was evident. A month into our fashion love relationship, she asked me to be in her fashion show & I quickly accepted! The show was based around fall/winter layering & no, it wasn’t for the head honchos of J.Crew, it was for the lovely customers of the store!
It was such a wonderful time – I got to meet some fabulous girls & I recieved a sweet 25% discount off all things in the store (double points for this gal)! The discount is now public so scoop up some goods yourself before it’s to late!
So let me get to the juicy details about my perfect layered outfit…
- Majesty Peacoat – This bright red color gives a wonderful pop to any fall/winter look & switches up the typical black peacoat that I know we all have stashed in our fall/winter closets. (similar styles here or here)
- Leather & Suede Satchel – This bag is large enough for travel (hello perfect plane bag), but not too big to rock it going out or at work. Plus I love the idea of having a twist of hunter green with me this fall/winter. (similar styles here or here)
- Goldsign for J.Crew Jenny Selvedge Jean in Debut Wash – These babies fit like a glove! (similar styles here or here)
- Collection Etta Calf Hair Pumps – These are my go-to fall shoes – you can rock these with jeans, black pants, leggings, dresses, over tights….you get the point, I am going to be wearing them every day! (similar styles here or here )
- Cotton-Silk Voile Dot Popover – Cute shirt that can be dressed up or down, worn with shorts in the summer or jeans in the fall/winter. (similar styles here or here)
- Cashmere Textured-Stitch Sweater – Cashmere clearly is a pricey item to buy, but this piece can become a staple in your closet – plus doesn’t every gal deserve a lil’ cashmere in her life!? (similar styles here or here)
- Necklace – Seems like this necklace isn’t sold online, so check out your local J.Crew store to see if they have it! J.Crew has tons of other great options on their website for jewelry though, so check it out! (similar style here)
Hope you enjoyed my first fashion post! I have a sneaky suspicion I may be doing more posts like these. So let me know what you think and keep an eye out for more!
To have coffee or to not, that is the question.
I get asked this question way too often – do I sip on espresso, drink lattes or hit up Starbucks? Needless to say, I have not touched any sort of coffee in about 6 months & even before that I rarely had daily doses of coffee.
What do I have to wake me up you ask? Welp, my fave thing in the morning is to have 2 teaspoons of Matcha green tea mixed with a bit of water before my workout. If I don’t work out or if I need an extra boost in the afternoon I will add 1-2t matcha to my GGS or berry smoothie. I even made matcha green tea chia pudding with it, yum! It has such a mild flavor so whether mixing with water or adding to a smoothie you can barely taste.
Let me list the benefits of this power powder:
- Nutrients & Antioxidants – Matcha contains 10-15x the overall nutrients & has 100x more antioxidants compared to traditional green/white/black/rooibos & yerba mate teas. These antioxidants help strengthen the immune system by protecting against free radicals. (Coffee does not have those benefits backing it.)
- Mood – Matcha has high concentrations of L-theanine (an amino acid) that helps improve mood while reducing physical & mental stress. (Coffee on the other hand typically gives the body jitters.)
- Alkalize & Detoxify – Matcha contains catechin EGCG and chlorophyll which help to alkalize and detoxify the blood (unlike coffee).
- Non Addictive – Matcha has much less caffeiene then coffee, which is released slowly into the bloodstream so that the adrenaline & cortisol are not spiked (like in coffee, which causes addiction).
So screw waking up every morning & turning on the coffee pot. Try matcha green tea!
I don’t know about you, but I catch myself quoting & acting like my mom all the time (like ALL) – from the way I say hello when I get home or even how I love to rock my gym clothes all the time (even when I know I won’t be going to the gym)! I am my mothers daughter & I am dang proud of it!
Anywho, I have two special momma occasions today so this post is only fitting!
First off, it is my mother in-laws birthday! Yippie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOMMA W! It is a big one, so if you see her, make sure to give her a big hug & wish her a happy day!
Second, one of my dear friends is about to become a momma! She is currently at the hospital about to have her baby boy – well, we are crossing our fingers it happens today! I am sending all my positive vibes her way.
Happy day to two special ladies! xoxo
I have been sparkling up the new pad all day today…so I see nothing more fitting then to remind you all to sparkle a little bit more, inside & out!
NYC…where do I begin? My life has come a long way since I moved to downtown Manhattan 7+ years ago (Is it bad that I just spelled Manhattan wrong and had to correct it? Whoops!). But for real, what a ride!
I came to NYC fresh off the plane from Orlando, Florida- with high hopes of conquering the concrete jungle much like Carrie Bradshaw (you know I had to throw a Sex & the City reference in here). The first 6 months of living in NYC felt surreal. I was in the city that you see on the big screen, everything at your fingertips & action on every street corner at any time of the day or night.
Just like everyone who moves to New York, New York – I was doing the same, trying to fulfill my hopes & dreams.
Needless to say, my dreams were fulfilled. I came & conquered the city. Worked in fashion, fell in love with a boy (now my hub) & experienced the Big Apple life (reading that over makes me smile inside & out). I met so many beautiful people, made some wonderful friendships along the way & kept the friendships that were meant to stay.
Every so often I think of where I could be…if I never left my hometown, maybe stayed in Orlando after school or potentially moved to LA instead of NYC. Life decisions are interesting, but everything you do will only guide you to your destiny. My hub & I thought we were in NYC to stay – we were looking to buy an apartment, have babies & raise our family there – then things changed. My hub had an incredible job opportunity come up in Boston, so we decided why not take our life in a new direction. The thought of Boston not only came as a surprise, it was as an eye opener about life…
Maybe Boston is where we are supposed to be, and a few months ago we just didn’t know it yet. This opportunity presented itself to us and we couldn’t turn it down, it just felt right. Life can take you places you never thought you would go and send you on unexpected new adventures. Who is to say that something (in our case, Boston) is not in the cards for you? Take advantage of the surprises that life presents to you and embrace change. You never know where you’ll end up or why, but things always happen for a reason!
New York City – I love you and you will always be there for me (only a short drive away), I will miss you as my home.
Boston – I welcome you with open arms & I am beyond excited to see where this ride takes us. Now if someone could please open up a bodega on my corner, that would be great. 🙂
I always wonder this…
If I have an off day & I am feeling crummy it is okay because I know I will get back on track. Now let me describe, crummy to me is if I have an extra handful of sweet potato fries, 2 glasses of wine or maybe I don’t make it to yoga that day. Everyone’s body is different, but even going slightly off the rails makes me feel yucky!
But what I always question is, if I feel bad for the above then how do people feel for eating poorly, drinking regularly & only making it to the gym once a week? I figure their bodies just have to be adjusted to poor quality (sorry, so harsh – but really)! You have no idea how good feels until you really feel GOOD and treat your body the way it should be treated!
What are your thoughts?