Who doesn’t love a crockpot meal? I remember growing up on the crockpot – watching my mom throw food into it during breakfast & then coming home after school to a house smelling mouth-watering good. The best!
Like mother, like daughter – I live for my crockpot! I love throwing ingredients into it & having my hub come home to a house filled with warmth.
This dish lived up to my other crockpot dishes – Y.U.M.
- Remove the case from 4 mild italian sausages, crumble & add to crockpot
- In crockpot combine 1 diced onion, 1 can of whole tomatoes (15oz/unsalted), 3C vegetable broth, 4 cloves of minced garlic, 1t thyme, 1t oregano & 1/4t chili flakes
- Cook on low for 6hours
- On the stovetop boil water, add in 10 eggs & hard boil (cook for about 10minutes)
- Remove from heat, let cool & remove shells – half all 10 eggs & remove 5 yolks (toss or store for later use) – set aside
- 10minutes before crockpot is done add in 1.5C of lite coconut milk, 5 halved whole hardboiled eggs, 5 halved hardboiled egg whites & 4C chopped kale
- Cover & let cook for the reminder of the 6hours
Serve & garnish with fresh chives, enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Serving (Serves 4): 195 calories – 6.5 grams of fat – 16 carbs – 17 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…