Another successful dish was whipped up from the fresh fruit we picked at Sweet Berry Farms! This past weekend I made the ever so delicious peach salsa from the peaches we snagged from the farm. Last night I indulged & made a blueberry tart from the fresh berries we picked, yummy!
I decided to pair these juicy berries with a gluten-free crust made from scratch, however any crust would work for this dish. If you wish to use my recipe for the crust, then click the continue reading button further down.
On to the recipe for the filling…
- In a medium saucepan bring 1/4C water & 1.5C fresh blueberries to a boil – reduce heat & stir til berries begin to breakdown (~3-4minutes)
- Mix 2T cornstarch & 2T water in a side bowl – add to saucepan & stir
- Add in 2/3C sugar, 3T fresh lemon juice, 2t lemon zest & 1/4t salt – bring to boil, reduce heat & let simmer for 1minute while stirring
- Remove from heat & stir in 3.5C fresh blueberries
- Immediately pour warm mixture over cooled crust (recipe for my gluten-free version below) & smooth with spatula
- Scatter 1C fresh blueberries on top & press down to help them adhere
Refrigerate & when ready to serve make sure to garnish the top with some fresh lemon zest! As well, I paired this juicy blueberry tart with a large scoop of soy vanilla ice cream!
The dish was a tad messy to serve (scooped it up with a spoon), but I swear it was worth every bite!Nutritional Info Per Serving (8 slices): 315 calories – 18 grams of fat – 37 carbs – 7.5 grams of protein
Continue reading for the ingredient list & gluten free pie crust recipe… Continue reading