The Bubster turned 7 last week – yikes, he is getting so big!! Of course every year we have to do something special for his big day, and this year was no different!
These pupcakes are human & dog friendly so yes, your husband can taste one (without the dog bones please)! Also they are freezer approved. So if your pup can’t finish them off stick them in a ziploc baggy and save them for another time.
Lets get to it…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees & line or spray 6 cupcake tins
- In a large bowl combine 1/2C whole wheat flour, 1/3C veggie oil, 1/3C unsweetened applesauce, 1 egg, 2T honey & 1t baking powder – mix well
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins & bake for 10-15minutes (until toothpick comes out clean)
- Whip up the icing by mixing 3T greek yogurt & 2T PB together (add more of either if you desire)
- Remove cupcakes, let cool completely then frost & decorate with mini dog bones
My pup ate two right on up – but be careful cause the PB & yogurt blend is a bit sticky & could get stuck in your dogs mouth if he takes too big of a bite (I witnessed it myself, haha)! Enjoy!
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…