Happy Early Easter ALL! Jon & I are hoppin’ (yes, pun intended) along to our old stomping grounds this weekend…good ol’ NYC. One last trip before the babe comes our way!
Anywho…the hub & I whipped up an early Easter brunch for breakfast this past weekend that was so scrumptious! If you are having guests over for Easter brunch this will be a quick fix & very impressive to your visitors! If you are having Easter dinner at your pad (instead of brunch) then stick to the dinner I made last year – I still have dreams about it!
Appetizer: Crab Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Let’s get hoppin’ (I know, I just have too!!)…
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Peel 2 large sweet potatoes, add to boiling water with 1T salt and leave on high for ~25minutes
- While the potatoes are boiling, slice up 3 leeks (white & light green parts) – cut them lengthwise & then thinly slice
- Add leeks to a skillet with 1T butter – let brown (~5minutes), then add in 1.5t minced garlic, 1/2t black pepper, 1/4t red pepper flakes & garlic, 3/4t salt
- Remove the potatoes & drain – once cooled mash with a fork, add the leek mixture & 1T freshly chopped dill
- Grab a pot (use the large pot you boiled the potatoes in), coat the bottom with butter, let it brown then add in the potato/leek mix – spread it even & turn the heat down to medium and let it brown for 5-10minutes
On to the lamb…
- In a large bowl combine 1 pound of lamb, 1T EVOO, 1 minced garlic glove, 1.5t fresh chopped rosemary, 1t crushed fennel & season with S/P – form into 8-10 patties
- Spray skillet with EVOO & place patties on medium heat – roughly cook each side for 4minutes or until browned
- Place cooked sausages on a paper towel & pat grease off
Like I said, easy as can be & once you taste this you will be asking yourself why you never make breakfast like this more! Hope you enjoy & HAPPY EASTER!!!!Nutritional Info Per Sausage (if you make 8): 175calories – 13 grams of fat – no carbs – 14grams of protein Nutritional Info for Hash (Serves 2): 350calories – 6grams of fat – 70 carbs – 6 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipes… Continue reading