HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE! We are back in my hometown enjoying family fun and last night I decided to cook an early Easter dinner. I was thinking about a fancy lamb dinner – however, I decided to turn it down a notch & grill up some lamb burgers since it was such a beautiful day! I paired the burgers with roasted cauliflower (kind of like fries, right?) – and they were amazing! Both of these will be cooked up again with only more gorgeous sunny days heading our way!
Enjoy your day with your family & loved ones – maybe even spice up your night with an Easterita!
- In a large bowl blend: 3lbs ground lamb, 2/3C chopped mint, 4t paprika, 1.5t cinnamon, 1t salt & 3T EVOO – make 8 patties
- Grill the patties or cook on a skillet for 4minutes on either side
- Meanwhile, slice 8 ciabatta buns & place in preheated broiler till golden
- In side bowl mix: 3C baby spinach, 1.5C crumbled feta cheese, 1 sliced red onion
- Combine 2C fage 0%, 1/3C chopped dill, 3T chopped mint, 4 cloves minced garlic, juice from 1 lemon, 1/2 chopped cucumber (peeled) & add S/P to taste – stir & refrigerate
Now on to the roasted cauliflower…
- Preheat oven to 425degrees with both racks relatively in the middle of oven & place 2 baking sheets in oven as it heats
- Slice up 2 heads of cauliflower – drizzle with EVOO, S/P (as much as you want) & toss
- Remove baking sheets, place cauliflower on sheets & roast for 25minutes
- In a skillet mix: 2C torn french bread pieces (about size of raisins) & 1T EVOO – stir around till bread gets crisp (8minutes) – reserve in large bowl
- In the same skillet add: 4T minced garlic, 1/2t red pepper flakes 1/2C chopped golden raisins, 4T sherry vinegar (not the same as sherry cooking wine!) & 4T water – once liquid evaporates a bit put it all in the reserved bowl
- Once cauliflower is fully roasted mix in to the reserved bowl
To serve, place burger on toasted bun, a dollop of the dill sauce on the buthrt, top with the spinach/feta mix & scoop a spoonful of the roasted cauliflower on the side! This meal was am Easter hit. Hope you enjoy & Happy Easter!
Nutritional Info Per Burger without Bun & Spinach Mix (Makes 8 Burgers): 380calories – 28 grams of fat – <1 carbs – 29 grams of protein
Nutritional Info Per Dill Sauce (Serves 8): 30 calories – 0 fat – 3 carbs – 5 grams of protein
Nutritional Info Per Serving of Cauliflower (Serves 8): 100 calories – 4 grams of fat – 17 grams of carb – 2 grams of protein
For ingredient list continue reading…