As mentioned before, the hub began his new job a few weeks back & I am happy to report he is loving every minute of it! He is one busy bee, and is usually out the door by 7am with barely time to make breakfast for himself. So, I started prepping him weekly breakfasts on Sunday (as well as making him a glowing green smoothie every night to take the following day). I know, I know…I’m such a great wife =).
I’ve seen egg muffins all over Pinterest lately & have made one other batch – blueberry, banana & egg. They were super yummy, but the picture didn’t turn out well! Anywho…these egg muffins were a hit! They were SO flavorful & truly held up all week in the fridge!
Lets get to it…
- Preheat oven to 350degrees
- In a large bowl whisk 8 eggs, 4 egg whites & 1/8C water
- Then add 1.5t of the following: garlic powder, salt & pepper – then add a pinch of chili powder
- Chop up 1 small peeled zucchini & 6 button mushrooms
- Spray muffin tin with cooking oil, layer bottom of each cup with chopped vegetables (about half way) & then pour egg mixture over vegetables
- Place in oven for 25minutes or until eggs are cooked through
Let cool for 20minutes & either store in fridge for future use or serve with sriracha sauce for a lil’ spicy breakfast! Enjoy!Nutritional Info Per Egg Muffin (12 muffins): 56 calories – 3.5 grams of fat – <.5 grams of fat – 5.5 grams of protein
Continue reading for ingredient list & original recipe…